ArtsPartners of Central Illinois is proud to announce a call for entries to artists for Sky Art Peoria. Sky Art Peoria is a juried competition that puts the work of local artists on Adams Outdoor 48’ x 14’ billboards that are seen by thousands of local residents. This is a value of over $37,000 in free advertising awarded to each winning artist. In addition, winning artists will be featured in a Sky Art Peoria exhibition during the month of October and on the ArtsPartners website.
How to Enter
- To submit your work for consideration, please access: skyartpeoria22.artcall.org/
- Submit by: APRIL 3, 2022
- You must be at least 18 years old – New this year, students under the age of 18 can apply for the student program, apply for the Student Call HERE.
- You must be a resident of Peoria, Tazewell, or Woodford counties.
- If you were selected as a winner of Sky Art Peoria in the past 3 years, you can not apply this year. (i.e. winners from 2021, 2020, and 2019 may not apply.)
- Sky Art Peoria is not just for 2D artists. If you are a 3D or performance artist and can photographically represent your work, you can enter.
- There is a $20 fee to submit up to 3 pieces. Artists must be able to supply a digital image of their work meeting the following requirements. All production costs will be borne by the project. *Please note, if the entry fee is cost-prohibitive and creates a barrier for you to participate, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting financial assistance.
- Your artwork must fit the billboard proportions. Images submitted with incorrect proportions will not be accepted.
- 72 DPI
- CMYK Color Mode
- 1920 x 500 pixels
- JPEG File
- 4MB max file size
- Please note that we have changed to ArtCall.org for submissions (previously we have used Call For Entry or CAFE) so submitting will be different from previous years. Entry requirements are mostly the same, the exception being that entries must be less than 4mb in size.
- Call opens March 8, 2022
- Submissions deadline: April 3, 2022
- A minimum of four winning artists will be selected by the jury. Winners will be notified by the end of May of 2022.
- Public Announcement of the Winning Artists selected by jury will be announced via press release in early June.
- Winning artists work will be displayed starting in June of 2022 on billboards, with locations circulating throughout the region.
- Winning artists will have the opportunity to showcase their work in a Sky Art Peoria Gallery Exhibition during the month of October and will be further acknowledged at an opening reception event taking place on the First Friday in October.
- A minimum of four winning artists will be selected by the jury.
- The jury will consist of local artists and leaders.
- The jury will only see artwork, no names or other information will be shared.
Winning Artists Requirements
Winning artists must provide production work that fits the requirements of a 14’ x 48’ billboard.
- 24.333” w x 6.333” h @300 dpi (7300×1900 pixels)
- 300 dpi
- CMYK Color Space
If the work is not already to scale, Adams Outdoor Advertising has the right to manipulate the image to comply with production specifications. Artwork that does not meet the specification requirements will not be considered.
Billboards will rotate upon available locations in the market. There are no guarantees on billboard locations or the period of time an image will be at a specific location.
Sky Art Peoria is an ArtsPartners of Central Illinois initiative in collaboration with Adams Outdoor Advertising-Peoria.