ArtsPartners of Central Illinois is proud to announce a call for entries to artists for Sky Art Peoria. Sky Art Peoria puts the work of local artists on Adams Outdoor 48’ x 14’ billboards that are seen by thousands of local residents. This is a value of nearly $36,200 in free advertising awarded to each winning artist. In addition, winning artists will be featured at CIAO First Friday at The Studios on Sheridan gallery and on the ArtsPartners website.
How to Enter
- To submit your work for consideration, please access: https://artist.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=7223
- Submit by: April 30, 2020 (EXTENDED TO MAY 10, 2020)
- Must be 18 or older and a resident of Peoria, Tazewell, or Woodford Counties.
- Sky Art Peoria is not just for 2D artists. If you are a 3D or performance artist and can photographically- represent your work, you can enter.
- There is a $20 fee to submit up to 3 pieces. Artists must be able to supply a digital image of their work meeting the following requirements. All production costs will be borne by the project.
- Your artwork must fit the billboard proportions. Images submitted with incorrect proportions will not be accepted.
- Submissions deadline is April 30, 2020 (EXTENDED TO MAY 10, 2020)
- Public Announcement of the Winning Artists selected by jury will be announced via press release in early June.
- Artists will be honored at the Sky Art Peoria Winner’s Reception on June 3, 2020.
- Winning artists work will be displayed from June 2020-May 2021 on billboards, with locations circulating throughout the region.
- A jury will select five winning artists.
- The jury will consist of local artists and leaders.
- The jury will only see artwork, no names or other information will be shared.
Winning Artists Requirements
Winning artists must provide production work that fits the requirements of a 14’ x 48’ billboard.
- 24.333” w x 6.333” h @300 dpi (7300×1900 pixels)
- 300 dpi
If the work is not already to scale, Adams Outdoor Advertising has the right to manipulate the image to comply with production specifications. Artwork that does not meet the specification requirements will not be considered.
Billboards will rotate upon available locations in the market. There are no guarantees on billboard locations or the period of time an image will be at a specific location.
Sky Art Peoria is an ArtsPartners of Central Illinois initiative in collaboration with Adams Outdoor Advertising-Peoria.