PEORIA, IL – ArtsPartners is pleased to announce the winning works and artists selected for the 2020 Sky Art Peoria program. Sky Art Peoria is an ArtsPartners of Central Illinois program and is made possible in partnership with Adams Outdoor Advertising, and with the support of Big Picture Peoria. The program displays and promotes art from talented local artists who submit their artwork for review.
The Sky Art Peoria jury, which included distinguished arts, business and community leaders, scored the artwork according to artistic and technical merits, as well as visual appeal. Jury members included:
- Rita Ali, Director of Diversity at ICC; Peoria City Council Member
- Jessica Bingham, Curator of University Galleries at ISU; Co-Founder of Project 1612
- Daniel Musisi, Radio Host and Producer at WCBU Peoria Public Radio
- Paroma Banerjee, Senior Analyst at Caterpillar
- Alexander Martin, Artist; Co-Founder of Project 1612
- Laura TaFoya, Co-Owner of Los Cabos Cantina and Grill
- Natalie Jackson, Fine Artist & Photographer
- Jam Rohr, Owner of Black Dog Metal Arts,
The jury chose five winning artists from over 160 entries. The winning selections will be reproduced on 48’ x 14’ vinyls that will then be rotated on five Adams Outdoor Billboards for one year in various locations throughout Greater Peoria. Sky Art Peoria billboards will be installed the week of June 8, 2020. This year’s winners include:
Sky Art Peoria Artists and Art Selections
- Don Forrest, “Slade in the Bronx”
- Lori Luthy, “On the Horizon”
- Jaci Musec, “Abstract Embroidery”
- Dan Nagel, “Zanzibar”
- Eliza von Zerneck, “Parade”
The public is invited to learn more about the winning artists and their art work by visiting www.artspartners.net/SkyArtPeoria
Regarding the art selected this year, Sky Art Peoria chairperson Dr. Mae Gilliland Wright said:
“Public art is important right now more than ever. As we all grapple with isolation, the role of the arts has become central to our lives. Art uplifts, encourages and heals. This year’s Sky Art Peoria selections represent a wide variety of captivating mediums—from fiber art, painting and digital work, to photography and screen print. Whenever you see a Sky Art Peoria billboard, we hope you will be reminded of the vitality and strength of the Greater Peoria arts community.”
A virtual celebration of the artwork is currently being planned. Watch the ArtsPartners website and social media channels for more information.
# # #
ArtsPartners of Central Illinois promotes the arts as a vital component of central Illinois’ cultural and economic development. Founded in 1999, ArtsPartners of Central Illinois, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, not-for-profit organization whose mission is to build awareness and strengthen the arts for the economic and cultural enrichment of central Illinois.
If you would like more information about Sky Art Peoria, please contact Jennifer Gordon at email@example.com.