Peoria Ballet is seeking part-time and substitute dance instructors for all levels of Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Modern, and Contemporary Dance. The schedule is flexible according to the candidate’s availability.
- Instruct students according to the syllabus established by the artistic director
- Provide challenging instruction including corrections that are appropriate to the abilities and level of students
- Create and maintain a positive classroom environment which includes:
- Safety and supervision during the entire class period
- Correct technique to prevent injury
- Maintain discipline and demand respect from students
- Maintain high but reasonable expectations
- Demonstrate respect for students through a fair and equal distribution of attention to all the students during each class, and by use of encouraging language that provides positive reinforcement, constructive criticism, and acknowledgment of achievements.
- Prior teaching experience.
- Enjoy teaching at multiple levels of ability and interest.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
For more detailed job description or questions, contact Jorge Laico, Artistic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 309-690-7990. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Mr. Laico at email@example.com.