The Washington Area Community Center is a 143,000 sq/ft facility that houses a fitness center, family leisure and 8 lane competition pools, 1,020 seat auditorium, banquet facility, meeting rooms, senior room, and library. As an essential member of the Center’s leadership team, the Special Events Coordinator will assist and support the Special Event Managers with the coordination and supervision of a wide variety of special events to be held in both the Banquet/Meeting rooms and Performing Arts Center, manage concession sales, and also assist in the day-to-day tasks of the Special Events department.
Summary of essential job functions:
Under the supervision of the Events Venue Manager, the Special Events Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Providing extensive day of support in event execution.
- Supervision of event staff during banquet functions and theatre performances.
- Supervision of concessions sales during events.
- Ability to work a variety of scheduled hours based on performances and other scheduled events. Shifts may include days, evenings, and weekends.
- Responsible for working with caterers, DJ’s and other outside groups utilizing the facility to ensure all procedures and policies are followed.
- Follow all designated closing procedures to ensure areas are secure and sanitary.
- Day to day general office duties including but not limited to inventory and organizational duties
- Performing all other duties as assigned.
- 1 – 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- A great attitude, a smiling face and excellent customer service skills necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work with co-workers, volunteers and all levels of staff.
Please submit resume to Jennifer Seiler, Event Venue Manager, email@example.com