Summary of Essential Job Functions Under the supervision of the Special Events Banquet Manager, Event Leads/Attendants will be responsible for:
• Assists all guests, vendors, and caterers with questions or requests throughout the evening to ensure a cohesive and positive experience for everyone
• Responsible for the supervision of all on-site staff members when a manager is not present
• Ensure that all areas are properly sanitized, and general upkeep is met o This includes, but is not limited to: prep stations, table linens, spot vacuuming, disposing of all trash, coffee makers, tea makers, beverage dispensers, etc.
• Follow all designated closing procedures to ensure that areas are secure
• Assists the bartender with barback type duties
• Consistent and effective communication with the banquet office regarding event progress, outcomes, and overall experience
• Performing any other job duties as assigned by the Special Events Banquet Manager Qualifications
• Must be 18 years of age and older
• Excellent customer service skills are required
• Ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
• Capacity to multitask with good time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be able to work independently, with little supervision
• Ability to work irregular working hours
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors, and guests
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with representatives from various groups, vendors, co-workers, and others; maintain irregular and extended working hours; able to lift, push, or pull objects up to 50 pounds using appropriate tools.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools and/or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear. The noise level in the work environment is moderate and at times may be high.