ArtsPartners of Central Illinois is proud to announce a call for entries to young artists for Sky Art Peoria. Sky Art Peoria is a juried competition that puts the work of local artists on Adams Outdoor 48’ x 14’ billboards that are seen by thousands of local residents. This is a value of over $37,000 in free advertising awarded to each winning artist. New in 2022, the Sky Art Peoria program will receive submissions from students under the age of 18. Up to one billboard will be designated to showcase a winning student’s submission. ArtsPartners and the jury reserve the right to select no winner. Entry into Sky Art Peoria for students is free.
How to Enter
- To submit your work for consideration, please access: skyartpeoria-students.artcall.org/
- Submit by: APRIL 3, 2022
- You must be under 18 years old to apply. Anyone over 18 should apply to the adult program HERE.
- You must be a resident of and a student in Peoria, Tazewell, or Woodford counties. (Students that are homeschooled are eligible.)
- Sky Art Peoria is not just for 2D artists. If you are a 3D or performance artist and can photographically represent your work, you can enter.
- Your artwork must fit the billboard proportions. Images submitted with incorrect proportions will not be accepted.
- Call opens March 8, 2022
- Submissions deadline: April 3, 2022
- A minimum of four winning artists will be selected by the jury. Winners will be notified by the end of May of 2022.
- The winning artist (if any) selected by the jury will be notified by the end of May of 2022.
- The winning artist (if any) will be announced to the general public via press release in June.
- The winning artist’s work (if any) will be displayed from June 2022 – May 2023 on a billboard, with locations circulating throughout the region.
- The winning artist (if any) will have the opportunity to showcase their work in a Sky Art Peoria Gallery Exhibition during the month of October any will be further acknowledged at an opening reception event taking place on the First Friday in October.
- The jury will consist of local artists and leaders.
- The jury will only see artwork, no names or other information will be shared.
Winning Artists Requirements
Winning artists must provide production work that fits the requirements of a 14’ x 48’ billboard.
- 24.333” w x 6.333” h @300 dpi (7300×1900 pixels)
- 300 dpi
- CMYK Color Space
If the work is not already to scale, Adams Outdoor Advertising has the right to manipulate the image to comply with production specifications. Artwork that does not meet the specification requirements will not be considered.
Billboards will rotate upon available locations in the market. There are no guarantees on billboard locations or the period of time an image will be at a specific location.
Sky Art Peoria is an ArtsPartners of Central Illinois initiative in collaboration with Adams Outdoor Advertising-Peoria.