The Operations Manager manages the day-to-day Wheels O’ Time Museum activities. The Operations Manager must be on-site whenever the museum is open on weekdays and on days that are designated for special volunteer work activities, or make other arrangements with staff or volunteers to be sure that the museum is staffed appropriately when open.
During the museum’s open season (currently May through October), the Operations Manager opens and closes the museum on weekdays, coordinates volunteer recruitment, training, and scheduling in collaboration with the board Volunteer Coordinator, manages the gift shop, schedules group tours and venue rentals/parties, is accountable for grounds beautification, handles the Square cash register system, including inventory, cash balances, regular reporting, and receptionist training, and contributes to positive experiences for visitors and volunteers.
Year-round, the Operations Manager is accountable for oversight of the cleaning staff, facility maintenance, facility improvements, and special projects. The Operations Manager has accountability to collect and record information about artifacts, and work with the Collections Committee, Operations Committee, Board Members, and other staff members to contribute to the creation of attractive displays.
A seasonal Site Supervisor will work on weekend days during the open season (May through October) and will handle a more limited scope of responsibilities. The Operations Manager and the Weekend Site Supervisor may occasionally coordinate their schedules, with notice to the Executive Director, so that one of them is at the Museum during open hours and for special events.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Operations management experience
- Computer skills to work with the Square Point of Sale cash register and inventory system, shared documents, Excel files & calendar in Google Drive, Facebook and other applications.
- Ability to collaborate with staff, board and volunteers, and interface with and engage diverse volunteer and visitor groups
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Physical ability to walk through museum campus buildings at beginning of each day to open buildings and train cars and activate all exhibits, and do the same to close at the end of the day
May through October
- Tuesday 9AM-4PM; Wed & Thur, 11AM-5:30PM; Friday 9AM -5:30PM
November through April
- Tuesday 9AM-4PM; Friday 9AM-Noon
Year-round: Attendance at weekly Operations Committee meetings, currently Tuesdays at 1pm
May occasionally need to work outside regular hours for tours or special events
- Part time position with no benefits beyond salary
- Starting rate $16.00/hour
The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Mid-April 2023 start date
To apply or inquire further, email Laura Evancho, Executive Director, at [email protected] with a resume or description of qualifications for the position.
Download a pdf of the job description here.