The Program Coordinator is the liaison between ART Inc and Peoria Public Schools and is responsible for the daily operational success of the ART Inc In The Schools program, and other programs as assigned. This role oversees a portion of 8 Peoria Public School locations which serve approximately 400 students in grades K-8. The Program Coordinator will manage a staff of 10-20 Teaching Artists. This is an essential
leadership position within our organization and fulfills an important role as a representative of ART Inc throughout community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan and lead effective orientation, training, and evaluation of program staff and program service volunteers as assigned.
• Builds, collaborates, and maintains positive working relationships with and Peoria Public Schools staff
• Provide weekly updates/reports to Program Manager.
• Collaborates with Program Manager to identify plan, develop, implement, and evaluate program development initiatives.
• Oversee and facilitate crisis management amongst Teaching Artists/Program Educators
• Perform administrative duties such as timesheets, supply orders, and Recruitment & Outreach
• Evaluate program goals and objectives to identify issues and develop corrective action plans, as needed.
• Participate in staff meetings and facilitate program staff meetings as needed.
• Participate in ART Inc fundraising events.
• Support and maintain the policies and philosophies of ART Inc
• Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager
• Ability to work independently and exercise judgment and initiative
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Demonstrated ability to motivate and encourage people
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office 365 applications and Gmail (Google Sheets & Google Docs)
• Ability to be flexible and pivot quickly during a time of uncertainty (global pandemic)
• Personal qualities of integrity, leadership, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for the mission of ART Inc.
• Strong problem-solving and creative resolution skills
How To Apply:
Please email a cover letter relating your education and experience to this position and your resume to: [email protected]