2020 The Business of Art: Session Proposals
We are now accepting proposals for the 2020 Business of Art Conference taking place on Saturday, February 8th at Bradley University.
About The Business of Art
The Business of Art is a one-day event designed to connect entrepreneurial artists with business professionals who can help them navigate the world of business. Through seminars and networking, The Business of Art will assist artists of all disciplines with establishing or enhancing their businesses.
How to Submit a Proposal
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR SESSION PROPOSAL.
DEADLINE. Submissions are due by October 31, 2019. No proposals will be accepted after this time.
SUBMISSION DESIGN. We are seeking as fully-formed a session proposal as possible. Please review the following information, which will help you to craft as competitive a proposal as possible.
- TITLE, DESCRIPTION, LEARNING OUTCOMES. When you fill out the form below, you’ll see we’re asking you to propose a Session Title, a Session Description, and 3 Learning Outcomes for the session. If accepted, we’ll work with you on refining and formatting these, but please take the time to craft them with your proposal—they help us understand in more depth what you’re proposing!
- SESSION FORMAT. We offer a variety of formats for our sessions. As part of submitting a proposal, you’ll be asked to indicate which format(s) you think would be best for your session. Please review the options below:
- Panel. 3-4 speakers offer 12-15 minute presentations, followed by Q&A among the speakers and the attendees.
- Workshop. 1-2 speakers lead a session that is half teaching/presenting and half hands-on exercises for attendees.
- Round-table. 1 table leader joins a circle of attendees and briefly shares for approximately 5-10 minutes their point of view on the session topic. After which they will facilitate a dialogue between the attendees for the rest of the session.
- Interactive. 1-3 presenters create a highly creative and interactive learning experience where attendees gain skills through practice. An example of this type of session would be “Perfecting Your Elevator Pitch,” where attendees briefly learn how to craft quick and pointed pitches before pairing up to practice with and critique the work of a partner while riding the elevator in the building.
About Our Proposal Review Process
Proposals are selected to ensure the conferences offer a comprehensive, non-promotional, objective, and diverse programming. Note: You may be invited to present in formats other than the one you selected or those noted in the proposal submission form.
Proposals will be reviewed and considered using the following criteria:
- Completed submission form.
- Session title that accurately reflects the topic.
- Appropriate session format for the session proposed.
- Well-written session description and learning objectives that give a clear picture of the session and what attendees will learn through their participation.
After proposal submissions close, proposals are reviewed by the Business of Art Committee. Session proposers will be notified of the results of their proposals no later than November 8th.
- October 31, 2019: Proposal deadline
- November 8th: Session Proposers notified
- Mid-December: Registration Live
- February 8th, 2020: The Business of Art Conference
All speakers will directly receive an individual speaking invitation and will be required to complete a speaking agreement and submit a headshot and bio to confirm their participation.
In early 2020, the speakers for each session will be invited to a session meeting organized by ArtsPartners to learn about onsite logistics and session expectations and to ask questions about their role or session.
Speakers will be asked to upload related resources (documents or links) of their presentation. These resources provide support for the presentation and then become a part of the conference proceedings so that your valuable information is accessible beyond your session. If your proposal is selected, you will be provided with instructions on uploading your presentation materials.