Peoria Ballet is seeking a Ballet Mistress. The Ballet Mistress will teach ballet technique, variations, and pointe classes. She will work closely with the Artistic Director and run rehearsals for this season’s productions. There will be choreographic/restaging opportunities, as well as principal performing opportunities if desired. The schedule is flexible according to the candidate’s availability.
- Teach ballet technique, variations, and pointe classes as scheduled.
- Run rehearsals for productions.
- Oversee pointe shoe fittings when dancers first go en pointe.
- Extensive ballet training and performance history and teaching experience. Choreographic training is desirable.
- Enjoy teaching at multiple levels of ability and interest.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
- Respected reputation in the dance profession.
For more detailed job description or questions, contact Jorge Laico, Artistic Director, at email@example.com or call 309-690-7990. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Mr. Laico at firstname.lastname@example.org.