ArtsPartners of Central Illinois is proud to announce a call for entries to artists for the fifth annual ArtPop Peoria. ArtPop Peoria puts the work of local artists on Adams Outdoor 48’ x 14’ billboards that are seen by thousands of local residents. This is a value of nearly $35,750 in free advertising awarded to each winning artist. In addition, winning artists will be featured at CIAO First Friday at The Studios on Sheridan gallery and on the ArtsPartners website. ArtPop Peoria is part of the national ArtPop Street Gallery program. ArtPop Peoria winners will receive marketing support, guidance, and recognition from the national program. The mission of ArtPop Street Gallery is to promote local artists’ work and make art accessible to communities through available media space. Art + Public Outdoor Project = ArtPop Street Gallery.
How to Enter
- To submit your work for consideration, please access: The 2019 Call Has Closed
- Submit by: February 24, 2019
- Must be 18 or older and a resident of Peoria, Tazewell, or Woodford Counties.
- You must have an active online presence specific to promoting and/or selling your art.
- You may not have been selected as an ArtPop artist in the last three years. ArtPop artists from the 2015, class are now welcome to reapply.
- There is a $20 fee to submit up to 3 pieces. Artists must be able to supply a digital image of their work meeting the following requirements. All production costs will be borne by the project.
- Your artwork must fit the billboard proportions. Images submitted with incorrect proportions will not be accepted.
- ArtPop Artwork Tutorial: February 9, 2019
- Submissions deadline is February 24, 2019.
- Public Announcement of the Winning Artists selected by jury will be announced via press release in early March.
- Artists will be honored at the ArtPop Peoria Winner’s Reception on April 10, 2019.
- Winning artists work will be displayed from June 2019-June 2020 on billboards, with locations circulating throughout the region.
- A jury will select five winning artists.
- The jury will consist of local artists and leaders.
- The jury will only see artwork, no names or other information will be shared.
Winning Artists Requirements
Winning artists must provide production work that fits the requirements of a 14’ x 48’ billboard.
- 24.333” w x 6.333” h @300 dpi (7300×1900 pixels)
- 300 dpi
If the work is not already to scale, Adams Outdoor Advertising has the right to manipulate the image to comply with production specifications. Artwork that does not meet the specification requirements will not be considered.
Billboards will rotate upon available locations in the market. There are no guarantees on billboard locations or the period of time an image will be at a specific location.
ArtPop Peoria is an ArtsPartners of Central Illinois initiative. This is our fifth annual event and we are seeking to display art from local artists that is appropriate for public viewing. The art will be rotated on Adams Outdoor billboards for one year in various locations throughout the Peoria area.