Vocalists in grades 8 through 12 are invited to participate in auditions being held on Saturday, October 15th at First Christian Church (6400 N University St, Peoria, IL 61614), beginning at 9:30 AM. Students unable to participate on Saturday morning because of Marching Band obligations may petition to audition at the same location on Wednesday evening, October 12th. Winners of this competition will have the privilege of performing as a soloist at the Peoria Area Civic Chorale’s annual, An American Family Christmas concert series held at the Performing Arts Center at Washington Five-Points on one of the three following dates, December 16th and 17th at 7:30 PM or the December 18th matinee performance at 2:30 PM. In addition, the winners will receive a plaque and a $350.00 scholarship to a summer music camp of their choice. For more information, contact Ms. Morgan Dietkus, Peoria Area Civic Chorale Festival Choir Program Coordinator at [email protected] .
- Application deadline is Friday, October 7, 2022
- Musical selections should be either classical or Broadway. Selections should demonstrate adequate difficulty and showcase the vocal abilities of each vocalist.
- Audition selections are subject to approval of the Peoria Area Civic Chorale’s Artistic Director. Should a selection not be approved for audition, the candidate will be notified and be given an opportunity to select another song.
- Applicants should contact the Peoria Area Civic Chorale Business Office well in advance of the application deadline should they have any doubts concerning audition repertoire.
- All audition pieces should be memorized.
- At the time of the audition, each participant MUST provide each of the three judges with a copy of the musical selection being performed.
- Each student should have his/her own piano accompanist at the audition. A piano accompanist WILL NOT be provided by the Civic Chorale organization.
- Students may not win the competition in consecutive years.
Download Application Form Here: 2022 YAC Application
Please complete and send the lower portion of this form to: Peoria Area Civic Chorale YOUNG ARTIST COMPETITION, P.O. Box 9696, Peoria, Illinois 61612-9696 or [email protected] (ATT: Young Artist Competition). Your application will be acknowledged by a phone call to set up an appointment for your audition.