ArtsPartners 2011-2012 Highlights & Major Accomplishments
SHOWCASING THE ARTS
ArtsPartners deployed a full cross-media campaign with a strong television, radio, print and online presence. Our media partners included:
• WTVP-TV for showcasing the creative work of regional arts organizations and producing public service assets that promote upcoming arts events with statewide appeal
• WEEK-TV and WTVP-TV for airing numerous Art Works public service announcements about the value of the arts to our community’s economic and cultural development.
• WCBU 89.9 FM for hosting the Out and About series that engages local arts representatives in discussions about upcoming arts events and airing for Live Theatre League reviews of local theatrical productions.
In total, in-kind donations from our media partners in 2011-2012 exceeded $200,000.
ARTS AWARENESS AND VISIBILITY
• ArtsPartners.net. The ArtsPartners website served as a key resource for comprehensive, user-friendly, up-to-the-minute arts and cultural information about all the arts playing in the Peoria area.
• ArtsPartners Calendar of Events. Published a hard-copy calendar of events, which is distributed to area hotels each month to ensure visitors are well aware of the arts playing in the area every day.
• Online Ticket Sales. Accessible at ArtsPartners.net, the sophisticated yet easy-to-use ArtsTix page continues to revolutionize individual buying for all of our ArtsPartners and their patrons. High-impact sales have attracted new and younger audiences whose purchasing habits and access to information are defined by the online culture. To date, more than 5.000 tickets have been sold, generating $150,000 for nearly two dozen arts groups.
• ARTSChecks. Increased use of ARTSChecks gift certificates as a method for building new audiences for the arts. For convenience, ARTSChecks are available on the ArtsPartners online ticket sales page and can be purchased with a credit card.
• ArtsPartner of the Year. Recognized Doug and Eileen Leunig as 2012 ArtsPartners of the Year, acknowledging his long-term, exemplary support and service to the local arts.
• Peoria City Hall: A Visitor’s Guide of Peoria’s Greatest Treasure. ArtsPartners’ latest, full-color catalog continues high visibility in key locations throughout the community. This stunning reference and tour guide, written by Dr. Peter Couri, photographed by Doug and Eileen Leunig, and designed by Nicole Blackburn, exquisitely showcases the rich art and history of Peoria’s City Hall.
• ARTS.Happening. Published and distributed this popular monthly e-newsletter that reaches over 1,000 ArtsPartners.
• What’s Playing in Peoria. This popular weekly e-newsletter to Friends of the Arts e-news and Facebook lists weekend arts activities playing in the Peoria area.
• ArtsPartners Educator’s Guide. Published and distributed to area teachers, the 2011-2012 ArtsPartners Educator’s Guide is a major K-12 resource used for planning arts-related field trips and extracurricular arts activities.
• Art Works ArtsPartners continued to promote NEA Chair Rocco Landesman’s Art Works theme throughout 2010-2011, culminating in the creation of an Art Works poster collage of the Peoria skyline that was awarded to Rocco by Congressman Aaron Schock in the Spring of 2011. The poster consists of 2,700 arts images contributed by members of the Peoria area arts community.
• Sustaining Communities. ArtsPartners continued to serve as a regional partner for the Heart of Illinois Sustainability Consortium, a regional partnership created through a US Department of Housing and Urban Development planning grant program. The program aims to promote economic and environmental sustainability by crafting a long-range plan that investigates housing, transportation, workforce, land use, availability of food, arts and culture, and natural resources.
• Engaging The Underserved. ArtsPartners helps to expose the arts to new audiences by offering free performances and dress rehearsals by the Peoria POPS and Eastlight Theatre to children and underserved clients from various United Way programs.
AN ECONOMIC INVESTMENT
Recognizing that a rich cultural environment is an economic benefit to the entire region, the City of Peoria and the Peoria Civic Center Authority have committed $75,000 annually to ArtsPartners as an economic investment.
ArtsPartners gratefully acknowledges our funders:
CITY OF PEORIA
Jim Ardis, Mayor
Clyde Gulley, Jr.
W. Eric Turner
Barbara Van Auken
PEORIA CIVIC CENTER AUTHORITY
Dan Silverthorn, Chair
Patrick Roesler, Vice Chair
Laraine Bryson, Secretary
Robert Manning, Treasurer